Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Disney Cars - help!


I believe that something underhand is going on at the Disney corporation. Something sinister and evil and just plain wrong. I have had to endure the movie Cars probably 752,466 times - at least!. Now as far as movies go, it is not too bad. There are moments that are actually pretty good. Owen loves this movie and could watch it on a loop if we let him. My objection is not the film at all. My objection is to the merchandising that goes along with it. I am not sure any other movie has merchandise that has stood the test of time like this one. The movie was released in June of 2006 and yet it still produces merchandise at a rate that I have never seen before. But even that is not my principal objection. Oh no! My main objection is to all the new car characters they seem to keep coming out with. Owen collects the little die cast cars of the characters and lately I have noticed some new ones that I have no recollection of ever having appeared in the movie. C'mon people. He sees a car that he does not own and it is irresistible to him but it does not have any connection to the bloody movie it is being merchandised with. Just put the CARS logo near it, give it the red packaging and of course, they are going to want it.

So I ask you Disney, no, I beg you Disney. Can you please either stop with the made up cast of cars that are making their way to my local every store or can you do the decent thing, and make a new movie. A sequel. I realize that Doc is not going to be an option as the wonderful Paul Newman is no longer with us, but Owen Wilson is still around and could use a good gig after some howlers of late. Drillbit Taylor anyone?! Bonnie Hunt is doing a terrible daytime show so Sally should be able to make an appearance and Larry the Cable guy or plumber of whatever he is, can surely pull himself away from the tit of Jeff Foxworthy long enough to put in an appearance as Mater.

Sp please, do the right thing. You have the characters, now make the darn movie. Thank you!

No comments: