Monday, October 20, 2008

Monday, Monday

Back to a normal Monday Schedule! Last week was Columbus day so there was no school, no OT and just a home visit speech therapy. Today, back to regularly scheduled Monday madness! Monday has become the fullest of the days in terms of scheduling but it kind of works out better that way - we can just glide leisurely towards the weekend after today. Alex was in a grumpy mood today and did not seem on top of her game. She did not want to get up but she seemed okay after she ate breakfast. She got on her bus with minimal fuss and went off to school. I then took Owen to his preschool and ran a few errands. Who knew you can spend almost $70 on socks?! I was stunned but we seem to go through socks like nobodies business in this house. After that, I picked up a sandwich and delivered it to Eric for his lunch. That was payoff for him getting off early to take Alex to therapy. I have been under the weather all weekend so he said he would take the therapy run today - bless him. I then picked up Owen, came home, did a little cleaning, made Owen lunch and then got Alex off the bus and put her into the car with a snack. Eric then took her to OT and Owen and I stayed home and built train tracks around the living room. Alex returned from therapy and then we had an hour of hanging around until Terra, her speech therapist, came for her home visit. It was not as productive a session as normal but Terra seems to be blessed with patience I can never comprehend. Dinner was a classic - turkey meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans and gravy. Yummy and comforting on a gray overcast day. Now the dishes await my attention and then the bedtime rituals begin.

Not a dazzling or interesting day by any stretch, but an example of how the days turn around these parts. Sometimes, ritual is a good thing and there is so much comfort to be sought in the familiar.


This photo is of Villa Borghese in Rome - it is a place dear to my heart. I spent many happy summers wandering around this park as I was growing up. I then spent one very happy afternoon kissing Eric under a tree in that park - good times and I hope we can return soon.

No comments: